This-Old-Jeep.com's Zazzle Marketplace


See more personalized gifts from Zazzle.

Friday, November 13, 2009

Rear Crossmember Work

After posting about removing the rear crossmember (and I may yet...) I decided to try to get it straight(er...) :) Tried gently tugging at it with a tow strap on the back of my TJ... may have helped a teeny bit, but no big result. Then with a combination of various shade tree mechanic techniques and what I had at hand, I did get it quite a bit straighter than it was. I used a BFH, a wrecking bar, a pipe wrench and then finally a big 3/4" steel plate c-clamped on as a guide to hammer it flat(er...) with the BFH.

Photobucket
Before...

Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket
At least, its straighter than the front bumper (that's going to be replaced...) :D

Photobucket

Photobucket
And after...

Photobucket
Here you can sort of see what I had to begin with on her first day home...

No comments: