This-Old-Jeep.com's Zazzle Marketplace


See more personalized gifts from Zazzle.

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Getting the Engine off the Frame and the T90 and Bellhousing Out

So, I've been working on lots of things simultaneously these past few days all leading up to getting the engine off the frame and the frame stripped.

Skidplate Down


Got the skid plate off. Looks VERY rusty, but still think both it and the crossmember, trans support are salvageable. When I start cleaning them, I'll get a better idea.

Photobucket




Everything Down


Finally after a whole lotta sweating and cursing, I got the bellhousing and T90 down. Glad to have had the comealong, it wasn't too heavy, but it was pretty awkward all together as one piece. I had problems at first, I think due to some rust stubbornly holding on between the tip of the mainshaft and the flywheel. Also, once I adjusted the angles between the jackstand that I had the T90 set on and the engine itself, it worked right out easily.

View From Underneath


This is how she sits now, f head sitting on scrap 2X6's and off the engine mounts. I plan on getting to the front axle now, remove the whole thing and then lift and walk the frame backwards and over the f head.

Mouse Condo


A mouse condo inside the bellhousing for who knows how many generations of mice.

Old Motor ounts


The motor mounts go on the disabled/ to be replaced list...

No comments: