This-Old-Jeep.com's Zazzle Marketplace


See more personalized gifts from Zazzle.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Getting There...

More done today. With the wife home and the boys safely ensconced inside watching Sesame Street or taking a nap, I frittered away 4 hours outside before I knew it. Walter did help me for awhile, but decided to go inside for hot cocoa after the first hour.

Photobucket




Photobucket


The C-channel out of the rear crossmember.

Photobucket



The crossmember is luckily not too bad. Most of the rust that fell away came from the C-channel brace.

Photobucket


One of the two rust through.

Photobucket


The sizeable pile of rust from knocking out the C-channel with a dead blow hammer and a hammer and chisel.

Photobucket


Finally got around to looking for the engine block serial number- 4J33563

There's more done, but I'm going to paint tomorrow and take a few more pics.

I also decided to shoot a quick video using, yes, the MacBook laptop and its webcam. Wasn't easy trying to figure out what I was shooting, but hey it was fun! :wink:

No comments: