This-Old-Jeep.com's Zazzle Marketplace


See more personalized gifts from Zazzle.

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Pulling the Transfer

I finally found that last bolt hidden beneath another inch of dirt and grease build up. It was like stumbling on a lost treasure when I found it!


Photobucket


I love nice clean gears that have been hidden from the light of day for over 50 years!


Photobucket


A view through the PTO cover.


Photobucket


After... this is some of the accumulated dirt and grease that I had to chisel through to get at that last bolt.


Photobucket


How NOT to wire the transmission's mainshaft. I needed to string the wire behind the two gears that its in front of and behind that gap, the space in between the lip of the gap where the shifter fork sits. I slowly pulled the transfer out and the joyful tinkling of needle bearings falling into the tranny case greeted me. Live and learn. I'd feel bad if I weren't already rebuilding the T90.

Photobucket



The Spicer 18 on the workbench


On the workbench at last!
:edit: Oh yeah, who can recommend a good degreaser? :)

No comments: