This-Old-Jeep.com's Zazzle Marketplace


See more personalized gifts from Zazzle.

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Ok, finally a nice day again and I puttered around. Started cleaning and grinding the rust and dirt from the inside of the frame rails (FUN! :(), tried to remove the skid plate. One bolt came off, the others three are rusted little nubs that I'll have to cut off and generally chipped away at the hardened mud and grease surrounding the transfer and transmission cases. Its literally like trying to chisel away stone and trying to find a T90 and D18 and their bolts. But I got to all the bolts (I think...). Tried hoisting the transfer with the comealong in the rafters and it doesn't budge. I practically pick up the jeep. Can I be missing a bolt somewhere? I removed four facing forward and another four facing the opposite direction to the back. I have to take a closer look in an old service manual, but does anyone know offhand how many bolts I'm supposed to be dealing with?

Photobucket


Here's what I'm dealing with as far as the mud and grease mess goes.

Photobucket



Photobucket


And I tried a small section of the rear crossmember with a Rustoleum pickup bed spray that I think that I like alot for a topcoat on the frame. It has texture and seems to be pretty durable.

No comments: