This-Old-Jeep.com's Zazzle Marketplace


See more personalized gifts from Zazzle.

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Spring Cleaning 2009

Spring cleaning! Finally, a 60 degree day here in Southern Maine. Swept out the barn and started doing what I could. I pulled the old stuffing and cover off the driver's side seat frame. Still in pretty good shape, but the back was starting to get pretty rusted up. There's one small dime sized rust-through that I was sad to see, but otherwise in good shape with plenty of the old original paint intact. I guess that I'll start priming and rustoleuming them soon. Still have to do the passenger side one.
Also started pulling apart the Harrison heater. Not sure what I can salvage. There's a good swiss cheese rust through in the left front corner and the fan motor I was thinking of doing something with, but one of the studs snapped off and the whole thing is in pretty sad shape, so it may just be cheaper to look for a replacement rather than trying to rebuild it. That's it for now! :)

Seat frames again

Harrison Heater

HH fan motor

No comments: