This-Old-Jeep.com's Zazzle Marketplace


See more personalized gifts from Zazzle.

Sunday, April 12, 2009

More Grill and Heater

Spent some more time outside in this "Arctic" blast of below normal, mid 30 degree Easter weather. Tried to get a better idea of the very faded serial number on the Harrison. All that I can make out is the last two digits which are "52." You can see the 5 in the crop, but you'll have to take my word on the 2. I thought that I had read somewhere on the CJ3B page that the last two digits referred to the year of the 3B if it was original equipment. But "52"? Maybe left over from a 3A? Hmmm...

Harrison Heater ID plate

Harrison Heater serial detail

Also finished stripping the grill. The headlight buckets are in pretty nice shape, but I snapped off a stud on one of the turn signal indicator mounts, which disappointed me as I had lubed it up nicely with PB Blaster and it turned with no effort. It was a big surprise when it fell out of the mounting hole minus the stud. I still have the PO's holes to weld and fill from those crazy tear drop running lights, but have also three holes on either side to the outer edge of them that were filled by rubber grommeted nut and bolts. They are smaller than the holes for the running lights, but I can't imagine what they were drilled for in the first place. Also wondering what the circular outlines are at the very bottom. Looks like a decal had been placed there at one time or something that left that impression.

Stripped grill

Right side grill

Left side grill

No comments: