This-Old-Jeep.com's Zazzle Marketplace


See more personalized gifts from Zazzle.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

lifting the body


As she sat before I got the body off. The Mistress sat there patiently watching the replacement f-head.






Next was the body itself. With the steering wheel off, I could maneuver the body over the column without having to remove it or the steering box. With bascally only myself to lift it I had to get creative, though a couple two or three guys could easily lift it off. I bought a comealong and decided to look at the rafters I hemmed and hawed climbing way up into the 20' high rafters to attach a chain and the comealong, but got around to it. I probably could have used a couple of extra ratchet straps too, but I made do with what I had on hand and inched it up a bit at a time over the steering column while pushing the frame forward. Unfortunately I sorta painted myself in a corner because I couldn't push it farther than the end of the wall. But I managed to get the body down on the floor and on some 2X4s so I could push it out of the way.

No comments: